2010-10-03

Onion & Kale Kakiage

I am trying to develop kale recipes. Kale is new for me. In Japan it is know as an ingredient of a healthy drink, but it is not popular to eat. In fact, I haven't seen it at a market. I have lived in Brazil 1 year and I just started buying it recently. J's mom told me that it is sold in the U.S. I would like to have more kale recipes before going back to the U.S.
Onion & Kale Kakiage is very simple and easy, which is usual for my recipes. Kakiage is fried mixture of several kinds of vegetable pieces. I add garlic and it tastes good for beer!



Ingredients : serve 2 - 3
1/2 middle onion - slice
1 leaf kale - shred
1 clove garlic - chop into pieces
3 tbs flour
3 tbs water
salt

Preparation :
1. Mix all ingredients
2. Scoop up #1 by a spoon and deep-fry until getting light brown
3. Picked up from the oil and drain on a paper towel
4. Sprinkle salt as you like

No comments:

Post a Comment