2010-08-26

Aug. 26

6:05am Breakfast : a glass of soy milk, black beans Onigiri, Tomato soup (told ya!), 2 cups of coffee
12:00pm Lunch : Bento Box ; scrambled egg, cooked carrot, shitake & konbu(seaweed), green beans, azuki-gohan(azuki beans rice)
3:00pm ice cream
6:30pm-9:30pm Dinner : beer & bar food! at Kintaro

Breakfast

Bento Box


I usually make dinner in the morning for hungry boy. I come back home late and it is no way that he can wait. This morning, I was preparing dinner at the kitchen as usual and showed it to J. He pointed at azuki-gohan and said "I don't like it". He sounded like he was making fun of my cooking. He must have thought that azuki gohan was my original recipe. Ok, it is the last time I make azuki gohan. But it is not what I made up. Azuki gohan is a traditional Japanese food. It is served at celebration party or happy occasion. The real name of azuki gohan is "Sekihan", which means red rice. We cook azuki beans and glutinous rice. During cooking, the bean colour rice to pale red.
I use regular rice not glutinous one. That's why I call mine, azuki gohan. Wait a minute. J might be right. In any way, I arranged the basic recipe and made it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment