2010-01-28

Okra gohan

I like okra a lot, but I have heard okura is not popular in the U.S. because of the texture. H says it is icky. That icky stuff is fiber and helps to reduce cholesterol, and also okra is good for digestion. Then I thought okra might be less icky to cook with rice. In a result, H said it's ok. I like okra anyway, so it was good enough for me.







Ingredients : serves 3 - 4 (4 cups)


160 cc rice : wash and drain well
5 okra : cut into pieces
one pinch Katsuobushi(dried shaved bonito)
1 tsp cooking sake
2 tsp soy sauce
200 cc water


Preparation :

1. Put all ingredients in the pot, which has a heavy lid is preferred
2. Put it on the stove and let it boiled
3. Use the very low heat and put the lid on and cook for 12 min.
4. Turn off the heat and cook by steam for 10 min.
5. Done

Note : This is arranged from basic rice. All I want you to remembre is no to open the lid during cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment