2010-01-19

Rice

Japanese eat rice almost every day. The rice cooker is an essensial tool. I can say every family has a rice cooker. In spite of that, I don't have one. I live in Brazil and we use a different voltage.
You can cook rice without a rice cooker. I sometime cook rice with some ingredients, but this is the basic. Here's the recipe.



Ingredients : serves 3 - 4 ( 3 - 4 cups)

160 cc rice
200 cc water

Preparation :

1. Wash rice and drain well.
2. Put rice and water in the pot, which has heavy lid is preferred
3. Put it on the stove and let it boil.
4. Use very low heat, put the lid on and cook for 12 min. NEVER open the lid.
5. Turn off the heat and cook by steam for 10 min. NEVER open the lid.
6. Done!

Note : During cooking, Do not open the lid, or you would ruin the rice. That's why I recommend you to use the heavy lid. I use Le Creuset pot. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment